Unmitigated Order Blocks Indicator is a smart money indicator that displays where large volumes of trades were executed but not yet countered or “mitigated” by opposite trades, so-called Unmitigated Order Blocks. Traders often watch these blocks closely because these are areas where significant buying or selling occurs. Let’s dive into this Order Blocks Indicator for MT4.
What are Unmitigated Order Blocks?
An Unmitigated Order Block represents a scenario where institutional traders have placed significant buy or sell orders that haven’t been countered or ‘mitigated’ yet. This occurs when ‘smart money’ retraces to cover (mitigate) buy or sell orders placed against the prevailing trend before resuming their initial directional flow. These blocks are indicators of potential price reactions upon their future retest by the market.
Characteristics of Strong Order Blocks:
- Liquidity Capture: Often involves a stop hunt, where the price momentarily reverses to trigger stop-loss orders before continuing the trend.
- Aggressive Price Move: This is indicative of the considerable volume and momentum.
- Market Imbalance: A notable volume surge, leaving behind a Footprint of Fair Value Gaps (FVG).
When prices return to an Order Block, they typically react at the opening or around the 50% level of the respective candle.
In the fast-paced trading world, timely alerts can be the difference between profit and loss. Order Blocks Indicator for MT4 ensures that users never miss out on a potential trading opportunity. The system offers:
- Standard MT4 pop-ups with sound.
- Email notifications.
- Push notifications for mobile devices.
Origin Order Block Indicator can be used on any Forex currency pair and other assets such as stocks, commodities, cryptos, precious metals, oil, gas, etc. You can also use it in any time frame that suits you best.
This Order Blocks Indicator isn’t a standalone trading indicator System. Still, it can be very useful for your trading as additional chart analysis, to find trade exit position(TP/SL), and more. While traders of all experience levels can use this system, practicing trading on an MT4 demo account can be beneficial until you become consistent and confident enough to go live. You can open a real or demo trading account with most Forex brokers.
Features of this Order Blocks Indicator
- Directional Focus: Choose to display only bullish, only bearish, or both types of unmitigated order blocks.
- Highlighting Style: Options to highlight the entire candle (including wicks) or just the candle body.
- Strength Setting: Adjust the count of candles from the peak to determine the ‘strength’ of the order block. A setting of 1 is considered strongest, indicating immediate price movement after the order block.
- Adjustable Lookback: Configure the number of past candles to consider for identifying unmitigated order blocks.
- Color Change and Disappearance: Upon price touching the highlighted box, its color changes, and it disappears after the closure of the subsequent candle.
Practical Application of Unmitigated Order Blocks
In a Bullish Trend, the price may return to an unmitigated order block to mitigate earlier bearish trades and establish better buy positions. The opposite is true for a bearish trend.
Making the Most of It
- Utilize this indicator to gauge institutional order flow and potential price pivot points.
- Pay attention to the color change and disappearance of the highlight box as a cue for market entry or exit.
- Customize the indicator settings according to your trading strategy and the timeframe you are focusing on.
While the Unmitigated Order Blocks Indicator is a powerful tool, it should not be used in isolation. Traders should integrate it into a comprehensive strategy that includes fundamental analysis, other technical indicators, and robust risk management practices.
The Unmitigated Order Blocks Indicator gives a window into the actions of ‘smart money’ in the markets. By highlighting unmitigated order blocks and providing customizable visual cues and alerts, this tool helps traders anticipate and react to potential price movements driven by institutional trading. However, like all trading tools, its effectiveness is maximized when used judiciously within a well-rounded trading strategy, considering the unpredictability and volatility inherent in financial markets.